Sally’s Brook location is Englishtown, Nova Scotia, Canada, on Cape Breton Island Unama’ki.
Unama’ki: The Land of Fog: Cape Breton Island
Sally’s Brook location is Englishtown, Nova Scotia, Canada, on Cape Breton Island Unama’ki. Cape Breton Island is at the eastern end of the Canadian province of Nova Scotia. Its Cabot Trail is a roadway encircling the island, passing forests and rugged coastline. The drive skirts Cape Breton Highlands National Park, whose Skyline Trail footpath overlooks the Gulf of St. Lawrence, known for migratory whales.
On-Site Activities and Amenities
At Sally’s Brook location, there are plenty of things to do on-site and nearby.
- Hiking trail to our namesake Sally’s Brook; yes, there is a brook! A beautiful 40-50 minute round trip, the forest path winds through areas with rare plants, mosses, ferns, and many kinds of mushrooms.
- Wood Fired Sauna shared by guests, sign up for your private session (whiteboard on the fridge in the CookHouse)
- Relax with a therapeutic massage or Reiki treatment in your cabin
There are plenty of local activities and things to do nearby. Hike, bike, sail, paddle, ride the gondola to the top of Cape Smokey and enjoy the stunning views, and of course drive the world-famous Cabot Trail. Dine on the freshest local seafood and explore art galleries and craft shops.
- Whale watching
- Nordic (XC) Skiing
- Boat Tours to Bird Island (Puffin Boat)
- Cabot Trail
- World Renowned Golf Courses
- Kayaking, Canoeing, Paddleboarding (SUP)
- St. Ann’s Overlook
- Downhill Skiing: Ski Cape Smokey
- Art galleries & Craft shops
- Gaelic College
- Live music